The highly reliable David Ornstein has, on Monday, provided a fresh update on Manchester United-linked Jadon Sancho’s future.
Despite only recently turning 20, Jadon Sancho is one of the top attackers in the Bundesliga, and perhaps even in Europe.
The 11-time capped international made the move to BVB back in 2017, when he left Manchester City.
And since moving to Germany, Sancho has developed into one of the hottest prospects in world football.
The electrifying winger has enjoyed a particularly prosperous 2019/20.
Across 24 league outings this season, London-born Sancho has netted 14 and assisted 16 for Dortmund.
Man United in regular contact
Sancho’s exploits over the last few seasons have, understandably, led to interest from some of Europe’s heavyweights.
A host of sides from the Premier League, including Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United, are said to have shown interest in the Englishman over the last year or so.
But, if the latest update from David Ornstein is true, then it is the latter of those clubs who are firmly in the driver’s seat when it comes to Sancho’s signature.
Speaking on the latest edition of The Athletic’s ‘The Ornstein & Chapman Podcast’, Ornstein stated that the BVB wide-man is expecting to move on this summer, and that there is still a very high chance that will happen:
Sancho was expecting to move this summer and there’s still a very high chance that will happen. There’s an understanding between Sancho and Borrusia Dortmund that if the right price arrives that he can go and there’s no expectation that Dortmund wouldn’t honour that, they’re said to be very honourable in these sort of situations.
In terms of a potential fee for Sancho, Dortmund are said to be eyeing a similar figure to the one that they acquired from Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele:
hey’re looking for no less than €120m, some say to me no less than €130m and that certainly the figure that they want is around what they received or agreed for Ousmane Dembele.
And whilst Ornstein later added that Sancho isn’t agitating for a move, Man United fans will be no doubt pleased to hear that there is said to be confidence in the Dortmund man’s camp that an offer will still arrive.
It is also noted that the Red Devils have been in regular contact to reiterate their interest in Sancho:
He’s not agitating to move he’s not going to cause a problem and if the deal is not right for him, he won’t go.
There is confidence among his camp that an offer will arrive, they almost have no doubt about that and Manchester United have been the most proactive on that front, they’ve been in regular contact and very recently.
However, Ornstein crucially adds that Sancho will not make any decision on his future until the current season is completed.