Tyson Fury has declared that he believes Daniel Dubois would knock Dillian Whyte out if they fought now.
The 22-year-old contender is due to return this Saturday against Ricardo Snijders, just a week on from Whyte’s KO defeat to Alexander Povetkin.
Povetkin knocked Whyte out in round five
Frank Warren, who promotes Dubois and co-promotes Fury, previously suggested a match-up between Dubois and Whyte in the near future.
He asked the public: “Who wouldn’t want to see Dillian Whyte taking on the best young heavyweight in the world, Daniel Dubois, later this year or early next while Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua are making other plans?”
However, Whyte responded before his defeat last week and said: “Frank needs to stay off the liquor, man.
Daniel Dubois is 14-0 (13 KOs)
“He’s just trying to deviate from the Tyson Fury fight.
“Why would I fight Daniel Dubois when I’m mandatory for the WBC world title?
“Daniel brings nothing at all to the table. There’s no reason for me to fight him.”
Fury is the WBC world champion
Now though, Whyte has lost his mandatory spot.
He will rematch Povetkin next to try and regain his position, but Fury has weighed in and said he’d like to see Whyte face Dubois.
“I see Daniel knocking him unconscious like Povetkin did,” Tyson told BT Sport.
“Too young, too big, too strong.”